Apr 26, 2008

Two Kansas Toms





Here's two nice toms that Mark and I shot on Friday evening after watching Ryan and Adam slay a couple nice ones in the late afternoon. We watched a bunch of them mill around a couple hundred yards in front of us for almost two hours. Finally, my "turkey skins" decoy was too much for them to resist and they came into range and Mark and I lowered the boom. Ryan and Adam counted 52 turkeys in the field at one point. Amazing! Can't wait 'til next year.

By the way, I have a '98 Tahoe for sale really cheap!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, nice job, guys! By the way, that' a ton of turkeys! I think I'll pass on the Tahoe - tryin' to get rid of a 2001 Ram 2500 myself!

www.jegcalls.com said...

i read alot of reveiws about the turkey skins people seem to hate them because they fall apart. You having any trouble with them?

TKhunt-n-fish said...

Yeah, actually. I thought it was just the wind, rain and the rough way I handled it. Some of the feathers came off. Most are still there and it still looks good, but I gotta be more careful next year or it will be nothing but plastic left.

Also, the Tahoe is gone...got an Avalanche now. Never going to take it to Kansas though.