Dec 15, 2008

IA has pheasants too!


I got these birds Saturday morning. I parked my truck in Lebanon and walked the creek behind mom and dads house and then the draws across the road. 2 of these birds were part of a triple I shot. I couldn't find the 3rd bird so I guess it only counts as a double. Babe caught the hen. I'm not sure if it's legal to keep a hen your dog catches but I kept it and it was delicious. Better for me to eat it than a yote. Wyatt came along with me but decided he'd rather hang out with grandma than have to walk so far. Good thing too because by the time I got back I was tired and soaking wet with sweat.

3 comments:

Mrs. TK said...

That little guy is so cute! Can you say pheasant jerky????

BARD said...

Yes IA has pheasants to, lots of them. Tell everyone how many birds you really shot that day.

www.jegcalls.com said...

man how many pheasants you think been killed in that creek channel by gulkers!!!