Feb 12, 2008

Hey Everybody!


This is new for me this year. Hopefully this will be a cool way for me to keep a record of all my hunting and fishing trips from here on out. Most of you know I had knee and ankle surgery in December, so I pretty much have to give up on ice fishing this season. So it looks like the first trip to report on this year will be the famous Kansas Turkey Hunt in late April. Until then, I'm just going to post about anthing I feel like posting about. Feel free to comment, criticize, condemn, or complain. Just let me know what you all think. This is also a place for all the hunters I know to post their successes (or failures), so go for it! Keep in mind, everyone is encouraged to scorn, mock, whine and gloat when making comments here.

Now, for all the Kansas Turkey hunt participants, look out! More bling bling coming TK's way this year. My shirt is getting crowded.

Oh yeah, for those of you who don't know. My brothers, cousins, father-in-law and friends all purchased the same camo shooter's shirts and whenever we get together for a hunt, there's always a competition. The winner of said competition embroyders that contest win on his shirt (the bling).

Good Hunting/Fishing Boys!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim, this is a good idea. I have a large file of family emails and would like to delete them, however there are some oldie's but goodies in there. Can we even post pictures on here?

And by the way, I should have gotten credit for giving Mandy to you. Greg and Bev now have a nefew of Mandy.
Big O

brimelgulk said...

Awesome idea TK. I think you need to lay down some ground rules on your blog. Activities such as bragging, gloating, making fun of others and taking great pleasure in their failures should be encouraged. However, those who whine about getting screwed out of thier bling because someone else shot a better quality bird need to shunned and scorned.

BARD said...

Tim, I think I need to have ankle surgery to get time to set this up for myself. How do I post a pic?

Anonymous said...

I am starting to think this is just a TK Brag page. I do not see how we can put pictures in, I do not see how we can get on the front page. All I see is TIM K. and we get to comment. I don't know.

farmingdakota said...

Yeah I would like to post some pics too.....

As my legend continues to grow as the Selkirk "Master", I would like to detail the story.........
You could title it........
"The making of a legend"!
Later - Adam

brimelgulk said...

As Adam's ego continues to grow as the Pelkirk bastard, none of us want to hear the story....again. Should we be forced to hear it, it should be titled "I'm afraid to hunt Turkeys"
-Groothoofd (Its Dutch. Look it up)

Anonymous said...

Yeah this is pretty neat, I have lots of pics from this year since as my wife said in our Christams letter "joel has been doing ALOT of hunting"

TKhunt-n-fish said...

groothoofd. Perfect name. I had to call Grandma Nellie for the translation. I gave her the web address so now we've gotta keep it clean.

farmingdakota said...

Alright everyone..... I may make the Turkey hunt this year even though it comes right at planting time...... But I guess Orlan's corn can wait an extra week to be planted......
I probably won't bring my A game though as I would like to see others have the glory...... (I could shoot a hen and then act totally surprised about it....... right Brad!) Tim you shoot put that video of Brad and his turkey on here! You could entitle it "The Tom that never was".........

BARD said...

Farmer boy. I actually read that it is completely legal to shoot a strutting or bearded hen. Speaking of legal. Tim and Mark are holding 3 turkeys. KS law states that you may not purchase your second tag until your first bird it killed. So one of them poached a bird. Who would do that?

TKhunt-n-fish said...

Actually, I think Ryan is taking the picture and the smallest turkey was his.

We are honest, law abiding hunters (for the most part) and the only law that was broken was by Bard, taking a bird on the wrong land!