May 17, 2008

Late Sesason Ks Turkey


Heres a pic of a friend of mine Brian from work who shot this respectable Tom about 4 miles from where Brain and I shot the jakes earlier this year ( 10 inch beard 1 inch spurs). We gambled on some new spots and he walked off but couldnt find a good area so he was walking back along a road and saw a large group of jakes and a few toms fighting in a field. He set up on the edge no blind, no dekes, no calling. 2 hours later one of the toms came close enough. I on the other hand struck out completely and have pretty much ever since turkey camp. I have enjoyed a great amount of time in the woods this spring though and I still got a few days left to bag another and truly have become a turkey hunting junky going 2-3 times a week much to the chagrin of my wife. Fortunately this is one bird my wife loves to eat so I have that on my side!!!!

No comments: