May 21, 2008

"Working" turkeys

It was another stressfull work day. I was sitting in my office working on account plans. I figured I could be doing the same thing while sitting in a turkey blind. I packed my computer and headed out to the blind. After a few yelps and 20 minutes of working on account plans I noticed a turkey behind a cedar tree about 45 yards away. All I saw was a beard and got very excited. Made a few more calls and it came right for me. It got about 30 yards away and dinner was served. Turned out what I thought was a young jake turned out to be a bearded hen. That would be my second hen turkey taken in IA. The first, was a strutting hen(video proof), the second shown here. I finished up account plans and headed home. Maybe next year I'll do the same, if Im still employed.

2 comments:

Tom Sorenson said...

That's awesome! Great that you were able to get away and "work" them turkeys! That's pretty funny - and ended up with dinner on the table - how cool is that!

Anonymous said...

Great looking turkeys guys, I'm still waiting to get a turkey story from my brother how lives in Kansas.