Sep 27, 2008

South Dakota 2008 Duck Opener



South Dakota Duck opener........ Mark and I enjoyed a successful limit out opener this year. The slew by Wentworth proved a good place to be yet again! Mark made it out and had the decoys set up by 6:50, I on the other hand overslept and didn't make it until 7:35, Mark had already slayed 4 by that time...... However Ducks kept flying in and Mark and I were able to fill our limit. Had another hunter been there whose name I will not say, (lakefly) we most likely would have had 15 ducks! Mark did a good job at retrieving said ducks! Ducks shot were mallards, wood ducks, pintail, red head, canvasback, and the coveted teal! A nice mixed bag! Weather was cloudy and quite foggy until about 9:00 when it cleared off, ducks were mostly flying in pairs, but did have a fewer bigger groups fly by as Mark was clearing off the decoys! Also saw a good number of Canadian Geese flyin by just out of range!

5 comments:

www.jegcalls.com said...

awesome guys..who shot the can??? Those are very rare down here. I have only shot one in my life and relaly only seen them a handful of times.

TKhunt-n-fish said...

It looks like you shot those in a cow yard....yecckkky! Well, maybe cow shit would improve that duck taste. Just don't bring any with you to Selkirk (or Pelkirk). Oh wait, were those all "step ducks"?

www.jegcalls.com said...

I dont see no canvasback there either...identify please....

farmingdakota said...

I believe the can is in my left hand back duck behind the red head and teal. It was a hen not the cool drake. Tim your jealousy stinks worse then the steers behind us.....

BC Clubber said...

Awesome! Joel and I will be there next year. Don't you guys have hogs to feed those too as well, what an added bonus, probably don't have to clean em either!