Jun 22, 2009

Crappies Still Biting

The crappie fishing was still hot at the cabin. My mom and dad came up on Saturday and we had a nice time. It was pretty hot, so Dad and I caught most of these fish while sitting under the boat canopy. Lazy, I know. But we had nice shade, a little breeze, and padded seats. Not a bad way to go.

We were fishing with just a hook and minnow and having some success. Then my dad suggested putting on a light jig and twister tail combo. I always listen to my dad, so I did it and ending up catching most of my crappies with that setup.

Later that night Chellie, Eric and I went out on the pontoon and cruised. We stopped at a couple of new places we hadn't fished before. Not much doing, but I did manage to catch a crappie and a walleye that was about 14".

My dad cleaned the fish since I struggle with the little ones (probably because I'm so used to catching the biggies!). He also sharpened both my fillet knives and my son's pocket knife. Nice...thanks Dad!

No comments: