Jun 29, 2009

Weekend Walleyes




Okay, no great size here. But we did catch a few walleyes from the dock last weekend. The crappies have mostly left our little area (I think we caught them all), but we did catch a few fish. Big O had an impressive weekend. Since there wasn't much for size, he set out trying to catch as many species as possible. I think he ended up with a crappie, a catfish, a bullhead, a bluegill, a walleye, a perch and a carp. Impressive, huh?!? If I got one wrong, I'm sure he'll correct it.


Chellie and I have a little fishing tournament on the lake this Saturday, so it should be interesting. We actually haven't done much fishing from the boat yet this year. Oh well, no BIG prize money at stake. I'll post our finish when I can get around to it.

3 comments:

BARD said...

I have to believe the reason the walleyes moved in there was b/c of the the baitfish they eat are in there. You should have sacrificed one to see what it was eating. And I believe all the crappies were spawning themselves around the docks and dock tires when we were catching them.

Anonymous said...

keep fishing.... ;)

aii_cute said...

keep fishing ;)